HIPPA Notice of Privacy Statement
Protecting your personal medical and health information is important to us. We follow strict
federal and state laws to maintain the confidentiality
of your health information.
We may use your health information for advising on and billing for medical care supplies, and conducting our normal business as health care suppliers. Examples of how we
use your information include:
Treatment: We keep records of the care and
services provided you. Health care providers use these records
to deliver quality care to meet your needs. For example, your
doctor may share your health information with a specialist who
will assist in your treatment.
Payment: We keep billing records that include payment information and documentation of the medical supplies provided for you. Your information may be used to obtain payment from you, your insurance company, or other third party. We may also contact your insurance company to verify coverage for your medical care supplies or to notify them of upcoming product needs to claim and obtain payment from your insurance company, Medicare, or Medicaid.
Health Care Operations: We use your health information to improve the quality and range of our products, train customer service staff, manage costs, conduct required business duties, and make plans to better serve our customers.
To use your health information for
other than the
above uses requires your signed authorization.
There are limited situations when we are permitted or required
to disclose health information without your signed authorizations.
These situations include:
- For public health purposes such as reporting communicable
diseases, work-related illnesses, or other diseases and injuries
permitted by law; reporting births and deaths; and reporting
reactions to drug problems with medical devices.
- To protect victims of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence.
- For health oversight activities such as investigations,
audits, and inspections.
- For lawsuits and similar proceedings.
- When otherwise required by law.
- When requested by law enforcement as required by law or
- To coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors.
- To reduce and prevent a serious threat to public health
- For other limited situations, see the full copy of our Notice
of Privacy Practices.
We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information.
- Provide this notice that describes the ways we may use and
share your health information.
- Follow the terms of the notice currently in effect.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this notice at any
time and make the new privacy practices effective with all
information we maintain. You may request a copy of any notice
from our Privacy Officer.
You have the right to:
- Request restrictions on how we use and share your health
information. We will consider all requests for restrictions
carefully but are not required to agree to any restrictions.
- Request that we use a specific telephone number or address
to communicate with you.
- Inspect and copy your health information, including medical
and billing records. Fees may apply. Under limited circumstances
we may deny you access to some portion of your health information
and you may request a review of the denial.
- Request amendments or additions to your health record.
- Request an accounting of certain disclosures of your health
information made by us.
All the above requests must be made in writing through our Privacy
Officer. For questions pertaining this statement please contact:
Soundview Medical Supply
111 West John St.
Seattle, WA 98119